- Wear a face covering (unless you have a good reason not to)
- Work stations will be at least 1 metre apart
- Apply the hand sanitiser provided
- Wipe your locker with anti-viral wipes provided
What Happens on Your Theory Test?
Knowing what will happen on test day will help you to feel much less anxious about it.
Here, I set it out really clearly for you.
A Few Days Before Test Day
- Make sure you have passed at least 3 (or even better 4 or 5) Mock Tests
- Make sure you are scoring 3, 4 or 5 on your Hazard Perception clips
- Make sure you know where your driving licence is
- Check the route and journey time to the test centre
- Check the available parking at the centre
Arriving at the Test Centre
- Take your driving licence
- Aim to arrive at least 10 minutes early
- Book in with the administrator
- Switch your mobile phone off
- Put your belongings into a locker
- Go to toilet
Taking Your Test
- The test administrator will take you through to the exam room
- You’ll be shown to a computer
- Log in to your computer
- You’ll see some information on the screen about the test
- You’ll do the 50 multiple-choice questions first
- You are given the option to practice 5 questions
- Answer all the questions, then go back to re-look at any questions that you flagged.
- Once you have completed the multiple-choice questions, you’ll see some information about the Hazard Perception test
- You’ll be given the option to do some practice clips first
- You will complete 14 Hazard Perception clips. You are looking for 15 hazards
- You have 10 seconds between each clip
- If you have any issues throughout the test, you can raise your hand and an administrator will come to advise you. You must keep very quiet as other people are concentrating.
Getting Your Results
- Once you have completed both parts of the test, you may be asked to answer some feedback questions. You can choose to answer these or not.
- Quietly leave the exam room and go to the administration desk
- The administrator will check your driving licence so they can print your results
- You can now collect your belongings from your locker
- The administrator will call your name and hand you your results
- You are not allowed to discuss your results with the administrator
Passing Your Test
If you have passed your theory test, congratulations!
You can now book your practical test.
Make sure you give yourself plenty time to get your driving to a good, safe standard before taking your practical test.
Failing Your Test
If you have failed your theory test, don’t worry. You are not alone! Many learners fail their theory test. In fact, more than half of all learners will fail their theory test.
Did you fail on the multiple-choice questions, or on the hazard perception part of the test?
Check your scores and work out which sections need more revision. I’d advise that you make sure you get a better understanding of the topics that you answered questions incorrectly.
But also, that you continue to practice all topics. Whether you failed on the multiple-choice questions of the hazard perception test, you should continue to practice BOTH parts of the test. You don’t want to fail the OTHER part of the test on your next attempt!
Getting extra help will benefit everyone. You will fully understand the facts and have easy way to remember them.
If you’ve completed the Spot On Theory Test Workshop, and done all the:
then you’ll absolutely be fully prepared to pass your theory test!